A list of 30+ side dish recipes that are perfect for bringing to a BBQ with friends and family. I think you will find a little something for everyone!
I feel like once Memorial Day comes we can officially embrace all things summer, including all things outdoor, BBQ and party! Bring on the millions of pasta salads, fruit salads, green salads and of course the baked beans and potato salad, too. Here is a compilation of some amazing, fun, and delicious summer BBQ side dishes.
Street Corn Dip
Best Sides to Bring to a BBQ
- 15 ounce can black beans , drained and rinsed
- 1 can pinto beans , (or 2 cans if you want more bean), drained and rinsed
- 15 ounce can corn , drained
- 6-8 Roma tomatoes , diced
- 1/2 large sweet onion , diced
- 2 avocados , peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro , finely chopped
- juice of 3 limes
- sea salt , to taste
- In a large bowl combine beans, corn, tomatoes, and onion.
- Fold in avocados and cilantro.
- Squeeze lime juice into the bowl and add a pinch of sea salt.
- Stir to combine. Add more sea salt, to taste.
- Cheese: Try adding your favorite crumbly cheese (like feta or gorgonzola).
- Beans: Whatever beans you have on hand can be substituted.
- Veggies: Throw in some diced celery, or shredded carrot.
- Flavor Twist: For a different flavor, try adding Italian dressing.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
I originally shared this post June 2016. Updated June 2023.